Chia Pudding is a MUST have in a plant-based diet. Its versatility is endless and its health benefits are astounding. Once you understand the basic ratio of chia seeds to plant-based milk, Bob’s your Uncle! (By the way, I have no idea where that saying is from, or what it even means). In any case, chia seeds are amazing! They can even be used in baking recipes to substitute eggs, similar to making a flax egg. Sometimes flax eggs can leave a flax-like after-taste, so try a chia egg!
What are the health benefits of chia?
Back to pudding … This Chia Pudding can be turned into anything. There are SO many beautiful chia pudding creations out there. AND the best part is how healthy chia seeds are. They are a great source of plant-based Omega-3 fatty acids, high in antioxidants, great for your heart health, and great for your gut health as they are high in fiber.
Anyone remember ‘Chia Pets’ from way back in the day? Well, it was the same chia seeds that grew plant hair on your terracotta figurines.
How do you make chia pudding?
Back to pudding … It is SO ridiculously easy to make. Just mix chia seeds with almond milk in a jar, stir every so often, and half a day later you have chia pudding. I like to add a little sweetness in the form of maple syrup and a touch of vanilla extract.
To make it extra fun, add in some fruit, or yummy toppings like coconut! In this particular recipe I made banana ”nice’ cream by blending frozen bananas in the food processor. I added some blue spirulina for some extra algae nutrients and a fun pop of colour!
This Chia Pudding Parfait is:
- Whole food plant-based
- Breakfast, snack or dessert!
Chia Pudding Parfait
- Food Processor
- 2 cups almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 8 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp blue spirulina
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- In a mason jar, combine chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Let sit in refrigerator and stir every few hours if possible.
- In a food processor, blend frozen bananas and blue spirulina.
- Assemble parfait by alternating layers of chia pudding and banana nice cream. To achieve an ombre look, simply add in small amounts of blue spirulina to the food processor after each layer.
- Add fruit to layers, and top with coconut or your desired topping.
[…] If you liked this Chia pudding, try my blue Chia Pudding Parfait! […]