Wondering how to make vegan pumpkin waffles? I promise you won’t be disappointed with these. Waffles are a staple in our home! Usually, I make a giant batch of them on the weekend and store them in a giant tupperware container in the freezer to be popped into the toaster for a tasty morning breakfast. Every week I switch up the recipe to see which new food I can incorporate to make the waffles just as healthy as they are delicious!Seeing as it’s Autumn now and pumpkin season has arrived, I have perfected this Pumpkin Waffle recipe. I would eat this all year round if I could!!
How do you make pumpkin waffles?
This recipe is super easy. If you have already made vegan baking, you may be familiar with the process of making vegan buttermilk. Just mix any plant-based milk with a small amount of apple cider vinegar and set aside while you’re mixing the other ingredients. Then there’s also the flax egg. Mix ground flax with water and set aside! Mix the other ingredients together, and throw in your flax egg and buttermilk prior to making the waffles in your waffle maker! Easy as that!
How do you freeze waffles?
This recipe makes a boatload of waffles! I always batch cook whatever I’m making, to freeze for weekday meals. Since I’m making these waffles from scratch, and avoiding the packaging that comes with them, I store these waffles waste-free! After letting the waffles cool down on a cooling rack, I just put them into a giant tupperware container. It’s important to separate the waffles with a piece of parchment paper so they don’t stick togther! I re-use the parchment paper by leaving them in the container in the freezer.This waffle recipe is:
- Comfort Food
Let me know what you guys think and please share :)If you’re looking for another breakfast idea, try:
Vegan Pumpkin Waffles
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- In a small bowl, mix the water and ground flaxseed to make a flax egg. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup with your plant-based milk, add apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, melted coconut oil, pumpkin, vanilla extract, and flax egg.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Cook according to your waffle maker instructions.