This is one of my favourite soup recipes!! Who doesn’t like a warm, hearty squash soup!? It’s so easy and delicious. The roasted garlic and the addition of the ginger makes it ultra healthy and mega delicious.
What is the secret to a good butternut squash soup?
The secret is not really a secret at all. It’s all about the roasting, which also adds to the convenience of this recipe.
Honestly, it’s that simple. Just roast everything. And throw it into a high speed blender.
How do you make the cashew cream on top?
Again, it doesn’t get any easier. Just blend equal parts cashews to water. You can use that as a base for almost anything. Soup creams, lime crema, salad dressing, desserts, ice cream bases … I could go on and on!
Can you freeze Butternut Squash Soup?
Absolutely. I like to make batches for freezing!
Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash medium
- 1 red onion medium
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees C
- Peel and cut squash for roasting.
- Peel and cut onions for roasting.
- Place squash, onions, garlic on baking sheet. Toss with small amount of oil and spices.
- Roast for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Add roasted veggies to blender with ginger. Add enough water to cover veggies and blend. Add more water to bring soup to your desired consistency.
- Bring to a pot and heat. ENJOY!
- Add equal parts cashews and water to a blender. Drizzle on soup.